Saturday, June 9, 2012

Graduation pops

                                                        I had a request to make graduation cake pops using red velvet cake, using four different colors. So I began this journey by making my red velvet cake, and used cream cheese frosting as the glue, I wanted to make it a little more soft so I ended up using more frosting than normal. The result was a tasty soft cake pop, I left a few chunks of cream cheese visible in most of the pops, in reality you really don't want to use much frosting because when you dip the pops they could collapse in the candy coating, but because I was searching for a softer cake I added more frosting. Now the tassels are made out of two different candies, for the yellow tassels I used a banana taffy which I stretched out, I glued them to the cap by using the same candy coating  

which I used to coat the pops. For the white tassels I used matte candy dip that turns hard, it worked out perfectly, I had fun making these pops and would love to make these again soon. More cake pops to come this month so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment