Friday, June 22, 2012

Yoda and Tea Pots

 I had a request to make a Star Wars themed cake pop, so Yoda was a given, as a HUGE Star Wars fan I was excited at this opportunity. I decided that I would take the artistic approach to this pop and try to make him as realistic as I could, ( I used red velvet and Chocolate cake for the pops) I started with a blank canvas just the ears that I made out of the candy coating and candy (as seen on the bottom left picture) then I took a tooth pick as my brush and used the green candy coating as the paint. I "painted" wrinkles and imperfections on him (because lets face it Yoda has a lot of wrinkles), I also squinted his eyes because Yoda never had wide eyes. I then sculpted a nose and mouth for him, the result as you can see left him with a very realistic Yoda look, each pop has a different expression,  each pop took about a good 5 min to make and I made 20 of them too. Now to go along with Yoda I made more pops dipped in blue candy coating and sprinkled with a blue pearlized sprinkles( as seen in the bottom left picture), they matched each other perfectly.

The Blank canvas


Now I had another request for a tea party themed pop, and what goes best with that theme....tea pots. I made them out of red velvet ( a popular cake) so I decided to use a white and red color for them, I used candy coated Licorice to make the spouts and a heart candy to make the handle, and for the top I used a single piece of red candy coating, all in all I say they turned out cute, to make them even more irresistible I placed an edible pearl on the lid. I think these turned out cute and hope to make more of these soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment